It’s the time of year for looking back over highlights and in what is becoming a Christmas tradition, Fidelio is pleased to share our Top 10 Overtures through 2022.
2022 – a year of war and pandemic, climate change and inflation – has shone a spotlight on the importance of leadership. Fidelio’s commitment to ’Building Better Boards’ has never been more important.
Our Overtures and thought leadership reflect the themes we see in our work with Boards across Evaluation, Development and Search. We saw Boards responding to an extraordinary amount of change and also grappling with an expanded understanding of accountability. The Board’s ability to contribute to strategy, risk oversight and horizon scanning has certainly been tested by the geopolitical, economic and environmental challenges facing business. Equally Boards are being stretched to demonstrate that they have indeed taken account of stakeholders in their decision-making and many Boards have become much better at listening, in particular to employees and customers. Boards are equally paying greater attention to decarbonisation and the pathway to Net Zero.
All this is evident in our Top 10 reads. If you enjoy these Overtures and would like to explore them in more detail with Fidelio in 2023, please do get in touch. We’d welcome a conversation.
On behalf of the entire team at Fidelio, let me wish you a joyful and peaceful Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year.
Fidelio Top 10 Overtures:
1. The Board & The Future of Work - New Horizons
2. ESG & the Board - What Works
3. Gender Diversity Snapshot – The EU Legislates
5. Audit Reformation, Evaluation and Trust
6. Board Evaluation: Value and Performance
7. A Health Warning for Boards
8. ESG or Not ESG – That is the Question
9. The Board and The Proxy Advisor
10. The Chief Sustainability Officer Role – Emerging & Critical