28th March 2019 (Home House, London, UK)
- This Programme is designed for those who have just assumed or will shortly succeed to the role of Chair and for those who require Chair skills.
- It will focus on (i) the governance and regulation underpinning the Chair role and (ii) how to be effective as Chair looking at Board dynamic, shareholder and stakeholder expectations, presence and authority, as well as the practicalities of leading a highly functional and effective Board.
- The Masterclass will also address Board diversity and contribute to a more diverse pipeline for leading Chair roles.
A Seat at the Table
24th – 25th September 2019 (Hever Castle, Kent, UK)
- The seventh iteration of this highly successful two-day residential Programme is for senior women from major organisations internationally.
- The Programme will cover all aspects of Board effectiveness and focus on enabling talented women to succeed to the top table and at the top table, ensuring they are in the driving seat of their Board career.
A heady combination of new contacts, immediately actionable insights and rich seams of thoughtBusiness Head (Big Data), Government-owned Company,
Everything I took from the programme is actionable in my current role and beyondCEO, Major Subsidiary of Global Financial Services Company,
The best concentrated injection of development and learning that I have ever had … It hits the mark perfectlyFTSE 100 Group HR Executive,
The programme had a huge impact on my effectiveness in my current Board role, and I continue to refer to the material going forward in new Board positionsNon-Executive Director, FTSE 250 & Euronext Paris,
Should be on the to-do list for every senior female leaderRegional CEO, International Financial Services Company,
- These two programmes recognise the importance of Board Learning and Board Diversity. Established in 2015 in response to the UK Davies Report, Fidelio seeks to strengthen the pipeline of female executives and directors.
- Fidelio has been accredited by the Hampton-Alexander Review for our contribution to increasing gender diversity on Boards and leadership teams, and our work empowering women to succeed both to and, crucially, at the top table.
- Building on this success, Fidelio has introduced the Chair Masterclass, reflecting the increasing expectations on the Chair. Diversity is a priority for the Chair and we are pleased to welcome men and women to Fidelio’s Chair Masterclass.
- A Seat at the Table alumni acquire Board effectiveness skills, a powerful network, and a road map for thinking through their board career. Over a third of past participants secure a Non-Executive role and/or Executive promotion within their own company.
- Alumni of the Chair Masterclass are well prepared for the complexity of the Chair role and also establish a network of Chairs and Board experts for future guidance.
- The participation fee for the one-day Chair Masterclass is £2,500 plus VAT. The participation fee for the two-day residential A Seat at the Table programme is £7,500 plus VAT.
- Fidelio is recognised for the strength of our senior network cross border, cross sector, cross function. This is reflected in both the A Seat at the Table and Chair Masterclass Pogrammes.
- Both of these Board Learning Programmes are conducted around the Boardroom table with ca. 10-15 participants.
- Drawing upon the strengths of UK corporate governance, these Programmes are relevant for Chairs, Directors and Executives across different geographies and sectors.
- To date we have been joined by participants from across Continental Europe, the UK the US, Africa and Asia; and a variety of sectors including financial services, retail, chemicals, aviation, automotive, technology and non-profit.
Content and Contributors
- Contributors bring diverse and international perspectives with first-hand Boardroom experience. Past and present contributors include Sarah Bates (Chair of St James’s Place), David Tyler (Chair of Sainsbury’s, Hammerson, and Domestic & General), and Margaret Casely-Hayford CBE (Chair, Shakespeare’s Globe). Lord Gus O’Donnell and Jan Babiak (Non-Executive Director, Walgreen Boots Alliance) are contributing to dedicated continuous learning for participants.
- These content-driven Programmes are designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to succeed at and to the Top Table and to develop effective skills as a Chair, covering relevant topics such as “Governance – Formal and Informal Power”, “Investor Expectations of the Board”, “Presence and Authority” and “Boards in Crisis”.
Register Your Interest
A Seat At The Table
& Chair masterclass
For more information on Fidelio’s programmes for Chairs and senior female Executives and Directors, please get in touch.
Fidelio's Five Attributes of Leadership
- The content is informed by Fidelio’s extensive research into the five critical attributes of leadership:
- 1. Understanding the complexity of shareholder and stakeholder expectations for the leadership team
- 2. Grasp of governance including formal/informal power structures
- 3. Presence and authority; personal impact; the ability to influence
- 4. Reinforcing networks of support and networks of reciprocity
- 5. Resilience under extreme pressure
The Practical Takeaways
- By the end of each programme, participants will acquire practical tools to help them drive their Board career:
- 1. A framework for understanding leadership structures and styles;
- 2. A mirror for personal presence including within a group dynamic and at the Boardroom table;
- 3. A road map of critical networks and milestones to achieve their professional and personal objectives.
Meet the team
Fidelio’s Founding Partners are supported by a multi-lingual in-house research team, and globally situated external consultants with a wealth of governance and business expertiseLearn more
Our thanks to you for a well-run and well-advised process.Board Director, International Educational Body
I find Fidelio Partner’s approach to senior management teams, Board, governance and risk to be very thoughtful.Chairman, Large Quoted Retailer
The process was extremely efficient from start to finish and we were very impressed by Fidelio’s professionalism and attention to detail.Company Secretary and Head of Governance, Major Global Professional Body and Regulator
We were delighted with the quality of the candidates we had to select from.Company Secretary and Head of Governance, Major Global Professional Body and Regulator
Thank you for your…positive impact of your work on Board Evaluation…bringing up the issue in your questionnaire and addressing it in the one on one interviews were critical for preparing further internal discussions.Senior Independent Director, FTSE 250 Extractive Business
From my perspective you did an excellent job…and I think we benefited hugely from your expertise as well as from your calm and thoughtful style of engagement with us.”Senior Independent Director, Major Arts Organisation