- Established in 2015 in response to the UK Davies Report to strengthen the pipeline of female executives and directors, Fidelio’s “A Seat at the Table” Programme continues to empower women to succeed both to and, crucially, at the top table.
- The highly practical, two-day residential programme now in its sixth iteration and held in the splendour of Leeds Castle, Kent, comprises a variety of informative sessions, focused on the Boardroom table.
- Fidelio has been accredited by the Hampton-Alexander Review for our contribution to increasing gender diversity on Boards and leadership teams.
- Over a third of past participants secure a Non-Executive role and/or Executive promotion within their own company.
- World-class contributors with first-hand experience influencing Boardroom effectiveness.
- Access to a unique global network of participants and contributors (including FTSE 100 Chairs).
- Ongoing Board learning as Alumni through Fidelio’s acclaimed seminars and Board breakfasts with leading FTSE and international Chairmen and Board Directors.
A heady combination of new contacts, immediately actionable insights and rich seams of thoughtBusiness Head (Big Data), Government-owned Company,
Everything I took from the programme is actionable in my current role and beyondCEO, Major Subsidiary of Global Financial Services Company,
The best concentrated injection of development and learning that I have ever had … It hits the mark perfectlyFTSE 100 Group HR Executive,
The programme had a huge impact on my effectiveness in my current Board role, and I continue to refer to the material going forward in new Board positionsNon-Executive Director, FTSE 250 & Euronext Paris,
Should be on the to-do list for every senior female leaderRegional CEO, International Financial Services Company,
- At each Programme we welcome a select group of around 10 senior female Executives and Directors all seeking to take control of their Board careers.
- To date we have been joined by women from across Continental Europe, the UK the US, Africa and Asia; and a variety of sectors including financial services, chemicals, aviation, technology and non-profit.
- Past participants have included current Non-Executive Directors building their portfolio as well as senior female executives making the Non-Executive transition.
Content and Contributors
- Contributors bring diverse and international perspectives with first-hand Boardroom experience. Past and present contributors include Sarah Bates (Chair of St James’s Place), David Tyler (Chair of Sainsbury’s, Hammerson, and Domestic & General), and Margaret Casely-Hayford CBE (Chair, Shakespeare’s Globe). Lord Gus O’Donnell and Jan Babiak (Non-Executive Director, Walgreen Boots Alliance) are contributing to dedicated continuous learning for participants.
- This content-driven Programme is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to succeed at and to the Top Table, covering relevant topics such as “Governance – Formal and Informal Power”, “Investor Expectations of the Board”, “Presence and Authority” and “Boards in Crisis”.
Register Your Interest
A Seat At The Table
For more information on Fidelio’s programme for senior female Executives and Directors, please get in touch.
Fidelio's Five Attributes of Leadership
- The content is informed by Fidelio’s extensive research into the five attributes of leadership critical to assume “A Seat at the Table”:
- 1. Understanding the complexity of shareholder and stakeholder expectations for the leadership team
- 2. Grasp of governance including formal/informal power structures
- 3. Presence and authority; personal impact; the ability to influence
- 4. Reinforcing networks of support and networks of reciprocity
- 5. Resilience under extreme pressure
The Practical Takeaways
- By the end of the programme, participants will acquire practical tools to help them succeed to and at the top table:
- 1. A framework for understanding leadership structures and styles;
- 2. A mirror for personal presence including within a group dynamic and at the Boardroom table;
- 3. A road map of critical networks and milestones to achieve their professional and personal objectives.
Meet the team
Fidelio’s Founding Partners are supported by a multi-lingual in-house research team, and globally situated external consultants with a wealth of governance and business expertiseLearn more
Our thanks to you for a well-run and well-advised process.Board Director, International Educational Body
I find Fidelio Partner’s approach to senior management teams, Board, governance and risk to be very thoughtful.Chairman, Large Quoted Retailer
The process was extremely efficient from start to finish and we were very impressed by Fidelio’s professionalism and attention to detail.Company Secretary and Head of Governance, Major Global Professional Body and Regulator
We were delighted with the quality of the candidates we had to select from.Company Secretary and Head of Governance, Major Global Professional Body and Regulator
Thank you for your…positive impact of your work on Board Evaluation…bringing up the issue in your questionnaire and addressing it in the one on one interviews were critical for preparing further internal discussions.Senior Independent Director, FTSE 250 Extractive Business
From my perspective you did an excellent job…and I think we benefited hugely from your expertise as well as from your calm and thoughtful style of engagement with us.”Senior Independent Director, Major Arts Organisation